MacKenzie Bezos is an American novelist, activist, and the ex-wife of Jeff Bezos. MacKenzie Bezos is also the World’s third richest woman. She served as Managing Director of Stander Revolution, an anti-bullying organization founded in 2014.
MacKenzie Bezos Wiki Biography
- MacKenzie Bezos was born on April 7, 1970, in San Francisco, California, MacKenzie’s age is 51 years as of 2021.
- She graduated from Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Connecticut in 1988. The turtle received a bachelor’s degree in English from Princeton University in 1992. She studied at the author Tony Morrison.
MacKenzie Bezos Height & Weight
- Height 5’7” inches
- Weight: 60kg
MacKenzie Bezos Family
Her father was a financial planner, and her mother was a housewife. There isn’t any information about her siblings. We will update it when we get any information.
MacKenzie married Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon and Blue Origin, from 1993 to 2019. She met him while working as an assistant at D. E. Shaw in 1992. After a three-month date in New York, they got married and moved to Seattle, Washington, in 1994.
Their divorce made MacKenzie the third richest woman in the world in April 2019. In June 2020, according to Forbes magazine, she was found to be the 22nd richest in the world, primarily due to a $38 billion divorce settlement. A month later she signed a pledge of donation and decided to donate more than half of the property to charities.
Mackenzie Bezos and Jeff Bezos Children
They have 4 children: 3 sons and 1 daughter were adopted from China. With their shared property divorce in 2019, McKenzie left $356 billion in Amazon stock, while her husband retained 75% of the couple’s Amazon stock.
MacKenzie Bezos Career
After graduating, She worked as an administrative assistant at D. E. Shaw, a quantitative hedge fund in New York from 1992 to 1994. There, she worked as a researcher at the senior vice president. McKenzie won the American Book Award in 2006 after 11 years in 2005 for her debut novel, The Testing of Luther Albright.
Her second novel, Trap, was published in 2013. In 2014, MacKenzie founded Bystander Revolution, an anti-bullying organization, where she served as managing director.
In July 2020, during the COVID-19 Pandemic, Mackenzie Bezos became the second richest and net assets were $62.3 billion. Jeff Bezos and Mackenzie Bezos have a net worth of US$ 251 billion.
On July 13, 2020, McKenzie Bezos became the world’s wealthiest woman, with a net worth of $6.55 trillion more than Françoise Bettencourt Meyers, whose net worth was $64.4 billion.
Her charity work
In May 2019, she signed the Giving Pledge, a charitable donation campaign to donate her property to charities, either lifelong or willing, but not legally binding.
- MacKenzie was recognized for the novel ‘The Luther Albright’s Test’ and won the’ Outstanding Literary Achievement’ in the 2006 American Literary Awards. This book was also called the “Los Angeles Times” book of the year.
- The biggest achievement in her life is to find the perfect balance between her job as a writer and her mother and wife’s responsibilities as the world’s richest entrepreneur.
- McKenzie and her husband are essentially out of play. During an extrovert party, she is casually dressed and loves being at home with people she knows. However, they were the most supportive of each other’s careers.
- Her husband is her greatest reader and critic, and she reviewed each book before it was published. She faced criticism for selling the book at a relatively low price through her husband’s retail online store, which the husband opposed by saying that books written in dollars were not worth publishing.
- Many of the illiterate clubs have criticized Amazon.com for providing its publishing platform, which allows authors to pay royalties without going through traditional publishers. However, the author, MacKenzie, disagrees and claimed that Amazon.com facilitated both authors and readers through a common platform.
- MacKenzie’s book was sold through Amazon.com but was not published through her husband’s online business.
MacKenzie Bezos followers
- She has more than 136.2K followers on Twitter as of January 27, 2021.
MacKenzie Bezos social media accounts